As we approach a year since our plant based and vegan delivery service began in Bangkok, we’re sharing our recipe for chickpea salad. This simple dish has been one of the most popular recipes this past tumultuous year.
We hope this filling, oil-free, and healthy dish will also become a staple in your kitchen as well. The recipe is great for people with dietary restrictions, can be used as an appetizer, and versatile enough to include other vegetables you may have on hand.
Remember if you find this recipe helpful to consider making a donation to Courageous Kitchen. For our friends and fans Bangkok based, you can order this dish from our menu, where you can also find our delivery schedule and other details.
Chickpea Salad Ingredients
Utensils: Mixing bowl, citrus squeezer (optional)
- 150g Cooked Chickpeas
- 80g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 Bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 Large shallot, diced
- 1/2 Japanese cucumber, diced
- 3-4 Cilantro stems, sliced
- Skin of a large chili, deseeded and sliced thin (optional)
Oil Free Thai Salad Dressing
- 2-3 Limes, squeezed
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp CCV (Coconut cider vinegar)
- 1-2 Tsp Palm Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Black pepper, cracked (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
Chickpea Salad Instructions
- Chop and mix all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix all the liquids for your salad dressing. Finish it by dissolving in your palm sugar.
- Adjust to taste and serve by pouring over your salad. Mix well and enjoy.
Credit: This recipe was written and contributed by Panisha Chanwilai of Thai Plant Based Recipes’ Facebook Group.